Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chapter 4

#2 What are the key stages and pressing issues of technology integration?

Stages: Entry, teacher needs to gain specific skills in how to use technologies before he/she is able to      
apply the new knowledge. Adoption, teacher knows enough to use tech. in the classroom, but only at a basic and casual level. Adaptation, teacher is using tech. regularly as part of teaching. Appropriation, teacher is using technology as both inside-the-classroom and outside-the-classroom tool. Invention, teacher is exploring new ways to creatively use tech. in and out of classroom as well as adding emerging technologies.

Issues: * Unwillingness to change favorite lesson plans to include technology * Reluctance to use technology when teaching new lesson plans * Using computers as a reward or punishment for student* Using computers as an add-on to other activities* Using computers as a way to separate students by ability groups.

http://www.edutopia.org/adopt-and-adapt is the site I chose. I was able to find On-line Tech Tutorials, which is going to be extremely useful for me. In order for me to get better, I have to teach myself and practice what I learn.

I discovered that I'm at the Entry stage, as if we didn't know that. Lol. My goal would be to at least achieve the Adaptation stage. It really comes down to knowing when and how to use technology. For me, the importance lies in whether or not my students are benefiting and excelling. If technology can help them learn easier and better, than why not. I will need to make the most out of the resources available to me.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your honesty and transparency - you need to give yourself more credit though! Look at what you have learned in 4 weeks in this class - you are doing great! :) We do need to get you to hyperlink the text and not the URL for future, but that will be an easy fix and then you will be amazed at how easy it is to do in the future.

    Also, please remember to answer a chapter focus question with meaningful reflection and not just verbatim from the textbook - that will provide you with more opportunity for deeper learning, as well.

    ReplyDelete