Friday, September 14, 2012

Hello Australia & Finland

Photo credit to Audrey on Flikr 
Greetings from America. Hello everyone, my name is Cereus Keller. I am named after a night-blooming cactus. I attached a picture of the flower. It is also referred to as The Queen of the Night. The bloom opens up at dusk and closes before sunset.
    I was  born in Palm Springs, California. I also spent some time in San Diego, California. Currently, I live in Naples Florida. It is sunny here year round. We don't experience much of a change in seasons. Hot, Hotter, and Hottest. In the summer it reaches 34.4 degrees with humidity at 78% so it feels like 39.4. Late October through March is when it's tolerable. This is when all the people from up north (snow birds) come visit/vacation here. Most have a second home here, so they will stay all five months. Some of the things I enjoy doing: going to the beach, reading, roller skating, nature walks, and playing with my cats. My sister, brother, and mom live in California and my father lives in Springfield, Missouri. I eventually would like to go back to the west coast, maybe Oregon or Washington. Of course, I would love to be able to visit Australia or Finland one day : )  

2 comments:

  1. Love that you have such a neat connection to your name! :) Do remember that we in the USA use Fahrenheit when talking temperatures, but most of the world uses Celcius - can you translate that in your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness could you imagine 103 Celsius... we'd all be dead, lol. I love going on nature walks too, it was one of my favorite things to do when I lived in Vermont (for a short 1.5 years). I have two pictures that I took while at the corkscrew swamp sanctuary on my blog.

    ReplyDelete