Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chapter3

#1. What is meant by "lesson development using technology"?

It is what I will be doing as a teacher when preparing: what to teah, how to teach, and how to dertermine if my students are learning the material. There are endless resources on the computer to help me with this process.

I chose the National Center for Improving Student Learning and Achievement in Mathmatics and Science(NCISLA) http:ncisla.wcerruw.org I noticed there was teaching mathmatics to diverse cultures on this site. I was also able to navigate it easier than the others I tried looking at. I like the idea of the Gliffy site www.gliffy.com but need to spend more time on it.

All of the standardized testing freeks me out! I like the philosiphy of performance based assessment vs. standardized assessment. I noticed on one of the sites,I think it was the pbs website where you can plug your state in and they would gear lesson plans acccording to your standards. I think it is absolutely amazing how many tools are on here to help you with lesson planning, assessment, rubric, and tests. All the help I need is at my fingertips. This book is easy to read and stock full of tools and information.

1 comment:

  1. Endless resources indeed and as we mentioned last class, not all of them are really relevant or effective, so we need to watch out for information 'overload' as well as critical thinking to determine the best sites! Great job on your hyperlink - next time, hyperlink the title instead of the URL, but you are making great tech progress! :)

    ReplyDelete